Randomness with Jenna: University Gloom

I've been at uni for almost three weeks now (four if you include O'Week!), and I'm already in a bit of a love-hate relationship with it. Well, not a bit of one, that's exactly how I feel about uni right now. Let me paint you a picture. I only have to go into uni, two and a half days a week. Love. But, in order to do so I have to get up at 6am and catch a bus for just over an hour to be there for a 9am lecture. Hate.

Classes are a lot better this time around though. Some of you may or may not know that I have actually attended uni before. I entered my first university degree fresh out of high school. It didn't take me long to realise that I was burnt out from school and needed a break. After failing a few subjects, having a complete mental breakdown and realising that I was in the wrong course, I opted to drop out one year shy of finishing my degree and take a gap year instead. Best decision I ever made.

Now, I'm currently at a different university, doing a different course and loving (almost) every second of it. My topics this semester are great. As I'm doing a double degree of Arts and Education, my topics are Education, Drama, English and History. So basically everything I love. And even better than that, each of those topics feeds directly into my novel and screenwriting dreams.

Uni is definitely draining me though. In case you didn't notice (and if you didn't then I'm not sure why I'm pointing it out to you now when I could have just gotten away with it), I missed last Friday's Flashback Friday post and this post, which should have gone up yesterday, is actually going up today instead. I've also struggled to keep up with my YouTube schedule, and don't even get me started on my novel or screenwriting.

Despite all of the ups and downs of these first few weeks of uni I'm managing. I've already made a few friends and am keeping up with pretty much all of my uni work. All I have to say now is three weeks down... three and three quarter years to go!

Stay random!
~ Jenna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flashback Friday: Descendants - Movie Review

Top 5 'Pete Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2

Top 5 'Karen Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2