Adventures in Screenwriting Vol. 3

Well, it's certainly been awhile since I posted anything for Adventures in Screenwriting. I guess the only update I really have for you all is that since the last time I posted, I have started my feature screenplay and have begun the early planning stages on a second, this time with a friend. To be completely honest however, my screenwriting has taken a momentary backseat as I'm primarily focusing on uni and my novel at the moment, but I'm still determined to have that first draft finished by the end of the year!

Of the feature I am currently working on I have approximately 25 pages, all of which my mother has read and none of which she understood. Something about 'not being able to read script formatting'. I understand that of course. Reading a script is nothing like reading a novel. It's very different and definitely takes a bit of getting used to. I suppose I'm just lucky I'm used to it, or else this could make for a very interesting adventure.

As to the feature my friend and I are working on, so far all we have done is talk a little about the plot... and my friend has done almost all the work. I do feel bad, but I have promised him that as soon as uni isn't ridiculous and I have time we can have a proper planning session. I'm actually really excited to come up with this one. I love the story he's come up with and I can't wait to help him flesh it out and bring these characters to life!

That's pretty much the only update I have to offer in this volume. I wish I had something more inspiring to tell you all but let's be realistic here. I don't have a clue about screenwriting and you'd probably be better off not taking advice from me anyway. Check back in a few years when I've (hopefully) had a script picked up, or if you enjoy a laugh then feel free to continue reading these posts as my decent into madness continues.

Stay random!
~ Jenna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flashback Friday: Descendants - Movie Review

Top 5 'Pete Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2

Top 5 'Karen Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2