Farewell 2015, It's Been Swell

Well, it’s pretty unbelievable but this is going to be the last post for 2015 since tomorrow is the start of a New Year. It’s hard to imagine that 2015 will be over in a matter of hours. 2015 was such an exciting year for me. I did so much this year and while I’m sad it’s coming to an end, I’m very excited to see what 2016 has in store.

Today, for the last day of 2015 I thought I’d share with you guys a bit of what I’ve done this year.

First, the travel. I travelled overseas twice and interstate once this year. In January I travelled to South America with a group called Reach Out Volunteers and together we built two greenhouses for underprivileged families living in the mountains above Urubamba. Honestly this was one of the best experiences of my life and I made many friends on this trip.

In November I travelled to the UK to catch up with friends and family, some of whom I hadn’t seen in 10 years. I was great getting to see everyone and I also got to do things I’ve been dreaming about for years, aka the Doctor Who Experience and the Making of Harry Potter Studio Tour.

This year I also attended both Oz Comic-Con and Supanova in Adelaide and met some pretty amazing people. If you wanted to read about my experience at Supanova in a bit more detail click here. Over the two conventions I met Billie Piper, Daniel Portman, Finn Jones, Summer Glau, Matthew Lewis, Lynette Noni and Sarah J. Maas. Lynette and Sarah were invaluable with the writing advice they gave me and I’m now more inspired that ever to write my own novel.

Travel and nerd conventions aren’t all I did this year I promise! I was also lucky enough to see Kylie Minogue, Taylor Swift and Hugh Jackman live on stage! Each of these performers are very special to me and I am beyond thrilled and grateful that I got to see them live.

This year also saw the union of two of my close family friends when they finally tied the knot in December and became man and wife. What an emotional rollercoaster this year has been. First my friends get married, then the new Star Wars movie is released and then River Song is brought back to Doctor Who? I’ve been on cloud nine since December rolled around that much is for sure.

I don’t want this post to get too long so I’m going to start to wrap it up. Before I go though, I’d like to tell you a little about a challenge I’m setting myself for 2016. The challenge is called #exploringadelaide, and what it will entail is me and my friends exploring the city we call home. If everything pans out the way I would like it to I won’t be living in Adelaide forever and I’d like to explore everything it has to offer before I leave.

That’s all from me for my last post of 2015. I hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year, and I’ll see you right back here in 2016.

Stay random!
~ Jenna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 'Pete Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2

Flashback Friday: Descendants - Movie Review

Top 5 'Karen Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2