Randomness with Jenna: Melbourne & R5

Okay yes I know that today is not the third Tuesday of the month and believe me when I say I wanted to upload on time, however when I attempted to log into my account Google had a massive freak out because I was trying to log in from a different location. Basically you have Google to blame for the late upload. Damn it Google.

Anyway, the reason I was attempting to log in from a different location is because my sister and I spent the past two days in Melbourne! Now let me paint you guys a picture. I have been working basically everyday since Christmas and I was beginning to go a little crazy. Knowing this trip was coming is the only reason I didn't go completely over the edge.

I've never been a huge fan of Melbourne for some reason, but this simple overnighter in the city was a great and much needed getaway. Despite the fact we had to get up at 4.30am in order to catch a flight we still had an amazing time. Tuesday was spent shopping and then we navigated our way through Melbourne's fantastic public transport to make our way out to St. Kilda.

I know what you're thinking. Why St. Kilda? Well, the reason we were in Melbourne is because for Christmas, Laura got me (and herself) a ticket to the R5 Sometime Last Night tour. Basically we were there to perv on Ross and Riker Lynch.

The concert was incredible. I mean I've been a fan of R5 since the beginning but I never thought I'd actually get to see them perform live so being in that theatre with them was a dream come true. Unfortunately they had to cut their set short but they made up for it by playing all of my favourite songs. Not to mention they were hilarious as well. I mean, Ross literally threw water in Ellington's face and he just kind of took it. Cute.

After the concert Laura and I both just sort of crashed since we'd had such a long day. Wednesday we were planning on going to Luna Park but a little research showed that it probably wouldn't be our thing. Plus it was an outdoor park and it was raining. Instead we headed back into the city to catch a showing of Sisters. Seriously, if you haven't seen this movie yet I recommend dropping everything and heading to your local cinema and watching it. It's actually so good.

Typically our flight was delayed, something we only discovered AFTER we had gotten to the airport. But it was okay because it gave me a chance to really dive into A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas which so far is a pretty amazing book. When we got home we were able to say a big hola to our parents who have been travelling around India for the past three-ish weeks before finally going to bed.

All in all it's been an amazing last couple of days and now I'm very upset because I'm back at work and my short trip seems so long ago when in reality it was yesterday. Oh well. At least my favourite shows are back!

I'm off now to attempt to make a dent in my to-do list but I'm not sure how successful I'm going to be. Still, hopefully the list gets smaller by my 21st this weekend.

Stay random!
~ Jenna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 'Pete Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2

Flashback Friday: Descendants - Movie Review

Top 5 'Karen Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2