Randomness with Jenna: 21st Birthday & Melbourne

Hey hey hey... is an expression I used quite a lot in high school without knowing where it came from until I realised I had accidentally stolen it from Shake It Up. Not exactly what I wanted to share with you all today but I needed a clever (and possibly funny?) way to start this post. Needless to say humour isn't really my strong suit.

So we are currently half way through February 2016 and I'm currently freaking out. In just over two weeks I will once again be attending university, though this time I will be doing a Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Arts. Currently I am experiencing some very mixed feelings about uni. I'm excited to be going back since I'm keen to get my life back on track, but I'm also very nervous seeing as I haven't been to uni in a year and I don't know how I'm going to go. I suppose all we can really do is wait and see.

Life hasn't been all bad though. In the past couple of weeks I turned 21, had an incredible birthday party and went to Melbourne (yet again) to spend some much needed time with a friend. I had a great time at my birthday party, or at least so I'm told... I don't exactly remember the entire night. Thank you very much alcoholic slushies. For the party I hired a slushy machine, a karaoke machine and made my own photo booth in the garage. All in all the party was a lot of fun and both the photo booth and the karaoke machine were big hits. Lots of video was taken of the night, but I have not yet been brave enough to watch any of it.

After my incredible party my friend and I hopped on a plane and headed to Melbourne. Whilst there we did typical Melbourne type things. Shopping, aquarium, zoo, etc. Now anyone who knows me will know that I don't particularly like Melbourne. I'm not a fan of shopping and despite what most people say, the shopping in Melbourne really isn't that much different to the shopping you can do at home, but my friend had never been and was very excited to see what all the fuss was about. Thankfully she realised quite quickly that it was very over-hyped and we decided to go to the aquarium instead. There we had some fun. The following day we found ourselves at the Zoo where we opted to do a lemur experience, meaning we now have some pretty awesome photos of us with lemurs on our laps.

Now I'm back at home, back at work and with uni looming closer everyday. I may not be that big of a fan of Melbourne but at least it got me away from ordinary life for a while. So thanks for that Melbourne.

Stay random!
~ Jenna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 'Pete Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2

Flashback Friday: Descendants - Movie Review

Top 5 'Karen Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2