What's In My Bookcase - I Was Here by Gayle Forman

If I don't turn over my calendar or post this blog entry then it can't already be March right? Who else is freaking out a little by how quickly this year has gone! I mean it feels like just last week my parents were in India and uni was a distant dream (nightmare?). Now my parents have been home for over a month and today is my first year of uni. Crazy right? To add to the craziness, here is the March entry for What's In My Bookcase?!

Today's Book: I Was Here by Gayle Forman


1. How did you come to own this book?
Short answer? I bought it. Long answer? I remember reading (and loving!) If I Stay and Where She Went, and when I saw this book in the bookstore I knew I simply had to have it so I bought it right there on the spot.

2. Have you read this book?
I have. I read it last year as part of my Goodreads reading challenge.

3. What did you like about this book?
I remember being very impressed with this novel. I'd only read one book about suicide before and I thought I Was Here provided a different outlook on the subject. This book really focuses on what happens to the people who are left behind wondering why. Wondering if they could have helped. The book also focuses on the idea that no matter how close you are to someone, there are still secrets about them that you don't know.

I Was Here was a very emotional read and I found myself being drawn deeper into the mystery surrounding Meg's suicide. By the time I turned the final page I was emotional drained but overall satisfied with the outcome.

4. Would you recommend this book to others?
If you're looking for an emotional read that deals with suicide, friendship and secrets then this is definitely the book for you.

Let me know in the comments below if you've read or are planning to read I Was Here. Check back here on the 1st April for another entry in the What's In My Bookcase? series.

Stay random!
~ Jenna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flashback Friday: Descendants - Movie Review

Top 5 'Pete Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2

Top 5 'Karen Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2