Ariana Grande My Everything Track by Track

Ariana Grande’s sophomore album My Everything was one of the most talked about albums this year, and now it’s finally out and we can listen to it on repeat. Just on pre-orders alone the album had been slowly climbing to the top of the charts, and now that it has been released its hit Number 1 in 76 countries. Can you say amazing?

The new album from everyone’s favourite singer features 12 songs, but if you bought the deluxe edition you get 15 and if you bought the target exclusive edition then you got 17. With collaborations on eight of the 17 songs I’ll be breaking them down track by track.

1. Intro
The album opener is a simple song that goes for 1 minute and 20 seconds and features Ariana asking her fans to join her on “this road to the sky”. Although short, this song is perfect for introducing us to her new sound and to her sophomore album.

2. Problem (feat. Iggy Azalea)
Released on April 28 as the first single from the album, Problem was our first taste of Ariana’s new sound. The saxophone heavy hit is a great song and a definite girl-power duo. Iggy’s verse is a catchy rap, which had me re-watching the lyric video over and over to get it down pact. This is a great song to jam to with a group of friends.

3. One Last Time
This song would have to be one of my favourites on the album. Although for the most part Ariana expanded her sound on this new album, this song reminds me of Yours Truly with its simple beat and powerful vocals.

4. Why Try
A slower song, Why Try sees Ariana belting out some powerful vocals. The song features some haunting lyrics and describes a broken relationship where all you’re doing is yelling at each other, so why try to make it work?

5. Break Free (feat. Zedd)
The second single off the album, Break Free is an upbeat pop track where Ariana delivers flawless vocals. If you were looking for a song to jam to in the car or at a party, this is the song to choose.

6. Best Mistake (feat. Big Sean)
Ariana and Big Sean collaborated on Right There on Ariana’s first album, and now the duo is back with another hit song. Best Mistake has a haunting melody with equally as haunting lyrics. Despite the haunting tone the song itself is great and well worth a listen.

7. Be My Baby (feat. Cashmere Cat)
Be My Baby reminds me Lovin’ It off of Yours Truly. It doesn’t have a similar sounding melody or even similar lyrics, but something about the song just reminds me of one of my favourite songs from the first album. The great beat and catchy lyrics make me want to dance around my room singing into a hairbrush every time I listen to it.

8. Break Your Heart Right Back (feat. Childish Gambino)
The eighth track on the album is one of my absolute favourites. The upbeat melody and fun lyrics make it a fantastic track to jam out to no matter where you are or who you’re with, and if you’re angry over a breakup just listen to this track while you’re planning your revenge.

9. Love Me Harder (feat. The Weeknd)
Okay, I’m just going to come out and say it. I never expected Ariana to come out with such an M-rated song, but that hasn’t stopped me from loving every second of it. The song may have some raunchy lyrics but with the catchy tune it’s a great collab. Definitely another one of my favourites from the album.

10. Just a Little Bit of Your Heart
The tenth track on the album is a proper ballad and features Ariana on some seriously powerful vocals. The song has fairly simple lyrics and a slow tempo but is every bit as amazing as every other song on the album.

11. Hands On Me (with A$AP Ferg)
Just before the end of the album Ariana treats us with another upbeat and catchy song to make us forget that the album is almost over. Hands On Me reminds me a lot of Better Left Unsaid from Yours Truly, slower verses with an upbeat chorus. Great song for jamming out to with friends.

12. My Everything
Unless you bought a deluxe edition then this would be the final song of the album. It’s a gorgeous ballad with a powerful message. Ariana chose to name the album after this track after recording it made her cry. The song is a perfect send-off to Ariana’s perfect sophomore album.

If you were anything like me and you bought either of the deluxe editions of the album then you would have five extra songs to jam out too.

13. Bang Bang (with Jessie J and Nicki Minaj)
14. Only I
15. You Don’t Know Me
16. Cadillac Song
17. Too Close

So tell me Arianators, what is your favourite song on the album? Which ones are on your road trip playlist or your break-up playlist? Let me in the comments below!

Stay random!
~ Jenna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 'Pete Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2

Flashback Friday: Descendants - Movie Review

Top 5 'Karen Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2