Ariana Grande's Break Free - Review

Ariana Grande has dropped her newest single and can I just say that I don’t have one #Problem with it whatsoever! The latest track from her upcoming sophomore album My Everything is a collaboration with music producer Zedd, entitled Break Free. The tune is funky and shows off Ariana’s vocal range perfectly. So let’s break down those catchy lyrics.

The song is about finally being able to break out of a relationship that you don’t really want to be in anymore. Just take the chorus: “This is the part when I say I don’t want ya / I’m stronger than I’ve been before / this is the part when I break free / ‘cause I can’t resist it no more”. It really highlights the moment when you realise you don’t want to be in a relationship any longer and finally have the strength to break out.

As always Ariana delivers flawless vocals on the song, though the tune is nothing like we’ve heard from her before. Gone is the ‘90s inspired Honeymoon Avenue from Yours Truly, these first two singles from Ariana’s upcoming album have truly taken her in a new direction - but one I can’t wait to see where it leads!

So what did you think about Ariana’s newest single? Did you love it? Or do you think it’s too different from the songs on her freshman album? Let me know in the comments section!

Stay random!

~ Jenna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 'Pete Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2

Flashback Friday: Descendants - Movie Review

Top 5 'Karen Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2