Under the Dome 3x01 & 3x02 Recap

What a premiere! Okay, be honest with me everyone, I wasn’t the only one sitting only inches away from my television during the two hour Under the Dome season three premiere was I? No? Didn’t think so. The two-part premiere entitled Move On/But I’m Not was an explosive entry into this incredible series.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!

So much happened in the two hour season opener that I’m not really sure where to begin. The episode opened right where the season two finale let off, Melanie telling the group of dome survivors that they needed to follow her. I don’t know about you, but there is no way I would follow a soaking wet girl who recently came back from the dead into a bright white light. But television characters are never as smart as me so unfortunately they all followed her and Barbie ended up with sticky goo on his hands. It was at that moment I knew they were going to be in those pods we’d seen in the promos. An hour later and I was totally proved right.

Possibly the most upsetting part of the episode for me was the reveal that Melanie was somehow a bad guy. How is that possible? Is that the reason she was brought back from the dead? My guess is yes, but it’s still upsetting. I had just started to like her.

The premiere also set up the idea of an alternate reality which was proven to be true at the end of part one. In the alternate reality many of our favourite characters had begun to move on after they escaped from under the dome. Barbie and Hunter were working together with Barbie’s new girlfriend Eva, Sam was in jail and regretted killing Angie, Norrie was suddenly a girly-girl away at college and poor Joe was stilling mourning his sister’s death.

Back in Chester’s Mill that was, Julia and Junior tried desperately to find the others while dodging Big Jim whose God complex has reached alarm levels. Still, his sarcasm is seriously on point in these episodes. Even after shooting Junior in the shoulder, Jim just isn’t about to let him die and ends up actually working with Julia to stop Melanie and to free everyone from those awful pods.

As usual the episode provided us with more questions than answers. There have been multiple eggs and the one Melanie protected was the only one intact? Is the dome not actually there to protect the residents of Chester’s Mill? Who sent the dome? Why are they using Melanie? Why do they need everyone in the pods? Why are Barbie and Eva having naked shower sex? Why would Jim shoot a perfectly good television? WHO ARE CHRISTINE AND EVA AND WHY WERE THEY IN THE PODS? AND IS EVA STILL PREGNANT?

The season three premiere of Under the Dome was definitely a shock and we certainly have a big season ahead of us. Let me know what you thought of the premiere in the comments below and tell me what you want to happen most during this season.

Stay random!
~ Jenna


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 'Pete Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2

Flashback Friday: Descendants - Movie Review

Top 5 'Karen Rooney' Moments - Liv and Maddie Season 2